No. 6 Acura ARX-05 DPi – Dane Cameron/Juan Pablo Montoya
Start: 2nd Overall Finish: 1st Class Finish: 1st Status: Running Laps Completed: 121/121 Points: 1st (2 74 pts)
- The victory makes it seven-consecutive podium finishes for the No. 6 Acura ARX-05 Prototype team, a streak that dates back to the Acura Grand Prix at Long Beach in April. It also marked a celebratory cap to Team Penske’s 200th sports car start in team history.
- Montoya qualified the No. 6 Acura on the outside of the front row on Saturday, just behind teammate Ricky Taylor. The Colombian native would keep the car in the second position until the first pit stop of the day with just over two hours left in the event.
- Cameron then took his turn behind the wheel and he was able to eventually overtake Taylor to push the team into the lead. Aside from pit cycles, Cameron would not relinquish the lead for the remainder of the two hour and 40-minute event.
- The No. 6 Acura team now carry a 12-point lead into the season-finale weekend at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta on October 12.
- Dane Cameron and Juan Pablo Montoya have placed themselves at the doorstep of the 2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship after scoring the win in the Monterey SportsCar Championship presented by McLaren on Sunday afternoon at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.